.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gadget Blog Corrections Blog

An actually-researched look at gadget blog bullshit.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Lightspace Depthcube

Marc Perton of Engadget writes pretends to be smart:
We think the folks at LightSpace Technologies may be indulging in a little bit of hyperbole when they call the DepthCube the “world’s first solid-state volumetric 3D display.” After all, the display [...] sounds a bit like the prototype 3D display developed by DeepLight.
You'd think wrong, because the LightSpace screen is solid-state and the DeepLight isn't (it uses an array of LCDs while the DeepLight uses a moving screen).

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Jiff182 said...

"You'd think wrong, because the LightSpace screen is solid-state and the DepthCube isn't (it uses an array of LCDs while the DepthCube uses a moving screen)."

I think you meant to write "...and the DeepLight isn't." but I could be confused about your point.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE blogs that correct other blogs... but sometimes you can see how easy it might be to make a mistake with no editor. As a fan of gadget sites you know I'll be adding yours to my list to make sure what I'm reading is accurate.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Editor said...

Thanks for that. I've fixed the error.

(This is why I don't cover typos and editorial errors, except in the context of larger errors)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home