.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gadget Blog Corrections Blog

An actually-researched look at gadget blog bullshit.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Network over power cables

Gizmodo commits a regular sin of the gadget blog, copying a mistake from a source article:
Matsushita's tech lets them deliver broadband information at up to 170 mbps—which is even faster than Ethernet
vs
Matsushita's system is unique in that it delivers fast-speed broadband information at up to 170 megabits per second, which is faster than Ethernet
Except for 1000 megabit Ethernet, of course, though it's not really in common use. Either the Gizmodo writer realized that but didn't want to be pedantic, or they just copied the claim verbatim with no real care. Also:
all you'll have to do is attach a special device with an embedded chip
Normal people call that an "adapter".

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger clark said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joannah

http://2gbmemory.net

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home